THE ALLIANCE PROCESS
Homeowners are missing the opportunity to build an ADU with traditional site-built construction. Avoid exorbitant material and labor costs, construction delays and the inconvenience of on-site work with a pre-built ADU.
With a controlled environment, bulk material purchasing, and an assembly-line approach, factory built housing offers a lower cost to build and faster on-site work lasting only a few weeks.
Learn about the Alliance Process below.
Alliance – Your One Stop Shop for ADUs
- Countless companies are jumping on the manufactured home bandwagon, due to changes in the ADU laws.
- Alliance has been designing and building manufactured homes since 2006, with over 2,000 projects completed to date.
- Our dedicated, in-house construction team, Alliance Installations, is licensed specifically to install manufactured homes (C47 – #912670).
- Our on-site partner, Mod Build Inc, is licensed in general construction (B – #1065701) and specializes in securing permits, performing underground utility work, and coordinating all on-site aspects of an ADU project.
- With everything you need in one place, Alliance can take your ADU project from initial design to final completion – turnkey pricing starting at $199,000.
The Alliance Process
Step #1 – Let’s Discuss (Free)
- Visit one, or both, of our offices to tour our display models, learn about new regulations and discuss the possibilities.
- We have 7 display models, including 2 ADUs, to help you get to know our product and to spark inspiration for your project.
- Understand general pricing and receive a ballpark estimate – turnkey pricing starting at $199,000.
- If the ballpark estimate is within your budget, we will make a complimentary site visit and provide a proposal.
- If we are a good fit, sign the proposal and move forward to the design phase.
Step #2 – Let’s Design (1-4 weeks; $3,000 due)
- One of the great benefits of factory built housing is the ability to work on multiple aspects of a project simultaneously.
- Begin customizing your floorplan for $1,000 by signing a New Home Purchase Agreement with Alliance – you now have access to in-house design professionals.
- Begin designing your backyard for $2,000 by signing a Pre-Construction Services Agreement with Mod Build – you will receive a site plan with the proposed ADU location and overall scope of construction work – this becomes the basis for future correspondence with the building department during the permit process.
Step #3 – Let’s Get Approval (4-12 weeks; $8,000 due)
- At this point, we have all the design details for your ADU dialed in, now it is time to secure approval from your city or county.
- Alliance and Mod Build work together to generate all necessary plans, documents, and engineering related to your ADU, its foundation system, and the utilities – the good news is we have a head start because some of that work was completed during the design phase.
- Upon submitting your plans to the building department the first $4,000 installment is due. Once the city finishes their review we will respond to any questions or comments until we receive approval to build – at this time the second $4,000 installment is due.
Step #4 – Let’s Build (10-24 weeks; 25% due)
- With permit in hand and the tedious part behind us, we can now move forward full steam ahead!
- Upon receipt of 25% of the home price outlined in the New Home Purchase Agreement, we give the factory the green light to begin manufacturing your ADU.
- Upon receipt of a $1,000 deposit, Mod Build will generate the Installation and Construction Agreement that outlines when progress payments are due as work is completed.
- With the contracts inked and the home being built in the factory, we begin site work in your backyard to prepare for your ADU delivery.
Step #5 – Let’s Move In (2-4 weeks; remaining balance due)
- Your backyard is fully prepared for the big day.
- Your ADU is delivered, placed on its foundation system, and all additional on-site finish work is completed over the next few weeks.
- The final inspection with your city or county takes place, and the permit is signed off.
- With your new home keys in hand, you have unlocked the full potential of your backyard, it’s time to celebrate!